Spring It On!
By Cora Ciaramello
L.E., C.P.E., LMT Aesthetician
Spring is about to be sprung!
Seriously… it really is. We promise.
Yes, we know there is close to a foot of snow still on the ground in many areas. Yes, we know it doesn’t exactly look like the longed-for season – the favorite of countless numbers – is about to burst forth. But it will … eventually.
In fact, many of us are already starting the obligatory spring-cleaning chores, sprucing up the household, maybe changing window treatments, switching out wardrobes.
But what about you? Are you getting ready for spring with some change-up? We hope so. It is important that you do, for the sake and continued health of your skin.
We Are Ready for You!
Here at Changes Spa & Aesthetics we are definitely ready for spring and ready for YOU with treatments and products to help transition you to welcome spring, putting your best face forward.
And….we have some amazing specials on treatments to get you started on your spring skin-care regimen.
• New Sensitive Skin Facial-Calming, soothing treatment for sensitive skin or ruddy complexions, immediate results, products are formulated to soothe, calm and comfort the skin, reducing redness and irritation. The sernsibiotic complex (a blend of pre-and probiotics and sea mayweed) boosts the skin's natural defenses and stimulates the skin's good ecoflora to combat aggressions. Soft gel exfoliation with double mask application containing arnica and 9 complementary plant extracts.
1 hour $80
• Elevate Mini-Spring Radiance Facial, a combination of Mesoportation creating moisture channels or mesospheres, which deliver active ingredients to deeper layers of the skin. Radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen, and LED light to plump up skin by boosting collagen resulting in smooth firm and radiant skin. Includes extractions and de'colllete' massage.
1 hour $90
• Trilogy Facial, Includes eye treatment, perfect for combatting spring allergies. Deep Cleansing with anti-aging benefits, an intense treatment with microdermabrasion exfoliation, alpha and beta hydroxy acid peel, manual extractions, and recharged with antioxidants, hyaluronic acid and peptides. Skin will be glowing!
1 hour 15 minutes $100
Give us a call to jump start your spring skin care! In the meantime, here are some change-up tips for your home care.
Change of Season Home Care Tips
• Cut back on heavy creams
Swap out your more emollient winter moisturizer for a lighter more balancing moisturizer formula as warmer weather approaches. While transitioning, alternate every other day, or use the heavy cream at night and lighter moisturizer during the day.
• Scrub and peel
Skin tends to be less sensitive when humidity is higher, so spring is a good time to start using scrubs and light exfoliating peels to freshen your skin and brighten its appearance.
• Add in an antioxidant serum
As the weather warms up you will likely spend more time outdoors with your skin exposed more frequently to the sun. An antioxidant serum will counteract the free radical damage you could experience in the spring season.
• Use a weekly mask
Soak up extra oil and unclog pores by using a clay mask once a week. Clay is exfoliating and softening, helping to keep your skin clear and calm even during the balmy spring season.
• Amp up your SPF
For daily use, SPF 25 will do the trick, but when you are going to be outside for prolonged periods of time you will want to use a sunscreen with an SPF 50 or higher.
• Switch out your color palette
While dark shades and rich hues are complementary in winter months they can be overpowering come spring. Adopt a softer look by changing up your makeup for the new season with pink and peach hues.
• Pay attention to products that increase sun sensitivity
If you are using a product with known sun sensitivity agencies retinol or glycolic acid, you may want to cut back during warmer months. Oral medications to treat acne or rosacea can also make you more sensitive to sunlight.
Changes Spa & Aesthetics
420 Boulevard Suite 107
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey